DFW 2017 ROOKIE PROFILE: RB Jamaal Williams
Jamaal Williams – Senior/ 6′ / 212 lbs – BYU
- The all-time leading rusher for BYU with 3,901 rushing yards.
- Started playing right away as a true freshmen logging over 100+ carries per season
- Led the team in rushing all four years he played.
- Six games of 100 rushing yards, including five of over 160
- Was #1 RB option his senior year scoring 12 total TDs
- Monster game versus Toledo his senior year with 286 yards and 5 TDs.
- Strong senior season carrying the ball 234 times for 1,375 yards and 12 scores despite missing 3 games due to injury.
- Isn’t considered a great pass-catcher which could keep him from competing as a 3-down back, but did did catch 27 passes as a freshman and 18 as a sophomore.
- Powerful RB with a great stiff arm and decent balance and can gain yards after contact.
- Has room to add more weight to his frame at the NFL level.
- Has shown he carry can the load with 30+ carry games.
- A decisive north-south runner who hits the hole hard and can find small creases with solid quick footwork.
- Doesn’t have all the wiggle in the world, but he can make defenders miss with jukes, spins, etc.
- Has dealt with injuries during his collegiate year (knee, concussion).
- Blocking is suspect and very inconsistent.
- There is also some off-field risk due to behavior concerns, was suspended for multiple team violations.
- High School league offensive MPV honors, CIF offensive MVP, All-CIF First Team, All-League First Team, lettered in track in HS
- Also heavily recruited by Boise State and San Diego State, Arizona State, Utah, Idaho, UCLA, Oregon, and New Mexico
- COMBINE UPDATE: 40 = 4.53, Vert = 33″, 3-cone = 7.07
- NFL DRAFT SELECTION: Projected as a mid-round pick
- DYNASTY ROOKIE: 2.04-2.08