DFW 2017 ROOKIE PROFILE: WR Chris Godwin
Receiving Rushing Scrimmage Year School Conf Class Pos G Rec Yds Avg TD Att Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
*2014 Penn State Big Ten FR WR 13 26 338 13 2 2 1 0.5 0 28 339 12.1 2
*2015 Penn State Big Ten SO WR 13 69 1101 16 5 0 0 0 69 1101 16 5
2016 Penn State Big Ten JR WR 13 59 982 16.6 11 1 13 13 0 60 995 16.6 11
Career Penn State 154 2421 15.7 18 3 14 4.7 0 157 2435 15.5 18
Chris Godwin – Jr / 6’1″ / 209 lbs – Penn State
- 59 catches for 982 yards and 11 TDs in his junior year which were down from his sophomore year while finishing his 3 year career with 154 catches for 2,421 yards and 18 TDs.
- Has the ability to dominate, against USC in the Rose Bowl he had 9 catches for 187 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Athletic and explosive WR who ran the 40 in 4.42 with solid size.
- Big play potential at the next level using his ability to score TDs and YAC.
- Has the ability to go up and get contested catches at it’s highest point with a strong 36″ vertical. Probably one of the best in the draft which is always a major checkbox for most dynasty owners.
- Amazing body control while adjusting to slightly off-target passes which give him a larger catch radius.
- He pops off the screen when I watch his game tape with all sorts of route tree catches and YAC ability.
- Outstanding hands and tore up the combine in the “gauntlet” passing drill.
- Doesn’t shy away in the run game and is a physical blocker.
- One of the more aggressive players in the draft this year which NFL teams will love along which is icing on the cake to go with his other abilities.
- Solid footwork and handwork which help to get by presses and gain separation from defenders.
- Can beat teams deep, over the middle or on bubble screens.
- Doesn’t have any injury red flags.
- Recruited by Cal, Connecticut, Boston College and Maryland before signing with PSU.
- Rated by Rivals as a 4-star recruit coming out of HS
- 2012 Delaware Gatorade Player of the Year
- COMBINE UPDATE: 40 = 4.42, Vertical = 36″, Broad Jump = 10’5″, Bench = 19, 3-cone = 7.01
- NFL DRAFT SELECTION: Round 2 with a small chance of making it into the late 1st.
- DYNASTY ROOKIE: Godwin should be the 4-7th WR off the board in rookie drafts in the late 1st or early 2nd round. His route running and physical abilities could get him on the field as a solid producer sooner rather than later.