DFW-IDP Blitz Podcast / Episode 16 / Week 9 Review
- Falcons 43 Buccaneers 28… Rookie Sensations Campbell and Jones both had solid games. Campbell’s snap share was at 98% and Jones 100%. I view Campbell as a low LB2 boom/bust guy and Jones low end LB1 long term. With playing Campbell more, Vic Beasley played on only 64% of shares while Upshaw saw 45%. I am not concerned yet with Vic, but if it continues it will hurt his IDP value. Neal continues to be solid. I am concerned that his style of play could hurt the length of his career. He throws himself full speed at every target. For the Bucs, Adarius Glanton led the team with 6 solo tackles on 14 snaps. Don’t rush out to get him lol. This was a super disappointing IDP week from the Bucs. I really thought they would rack up the stats against a good ATL defense but it just did not happen. Kwon played reduced snaps at 59% most likely from being nicked up a bit. Keep posted to the team injury news.
- Steelers 14 Ravens 21… I always enjoy watching these two teams go at it. Don’t look now but Ryan Shazier played on 100% of the snaps yielding a 6 solo, 3 assist, half sack, 1 FF day. I am shopping him in every league I have coming off a good game. I do not want to deal with the injury issues that occur on the reg! James Harrison had a 2 sack game. It is not sustainable, as he plays on about half the snaps. There are no CB/S in the top 24 for the Steelers. I am staying away from them as the floor is not there. Zach Orr continues to outperform Mosely every so slightly. They are both solid options ROS. One player to put on your watch lists is Matt Judon OLB age 24. He played on 38% of the snaps and had 3 solos and a sack. On the season he has played 27%. With Suggs injury issues he could be a guy that gets an increased role.
- Cowboys 35 Browns 10… Story of the game for me was Maliek Collins, Cowboys DT age 21, with 3 solos and 2 sacks on 64% of the snaps. He has played on 59% of the snaps this season. In DT required leagues with deep rosters he is worth a look. This Dallas team is in need of good pass rushers. Byron Jones and Wilcox were no shows. I like Jones as a stash still, but as the playoffs get close I am not relying on him for IDP stats. There are better options. For the Browns, Jamie Collins played on 100% of the snaps in his first game. He had an ok day with 5 solos and 3 assists, but he looked lost out there. I am hoping this is simply needing to get into the scheme and flow there. Demario Davis had a better day with 7 solos, 3 assists, and a FF.
- Jaguars 14 Chiefs 19… Myles Jack with 9 snaps? Why is the snap count not going up at least a little bit? I am concerned. Sen’Derrick Marks was a guy I loved in DT required leagues but could never stay healthy. He had a solid outing with a solo and a sack on 59% of the snaps. Fowler and Ngakoue both got 57% of the snaps. The snap count has been concerning here. I am staying away when I have better floors of production. For the Chiefs I guess we can say Dee Ford is a legit OLB threat for a sack every game. He had another stellar game with 3 solos and 2 sacks. Be mindful that Justin Houston is active now. When he comes back Frank Zombo’s 30% share is probably going to go away, but it will eat into Tamba Hali and Ford as well. Keep an eye on it. I was riding the Daniel Sorensen wave. His snaps are at 57%. With Berry and Parker playing 100% Sorensen is not startable.
- Jets 23 Dolphins 27… Pretty lousy IDP day from out Jets studs. For the Dolphins I have been waiting for Wake to wake up… He did so with a 4 solo, 2 sack, 2 FF game on 67% of the snaps. That’s enough snaps for me to put him in my lineups. I was very high on him preseason as a good low cost option. If he is healthy I like him ROS.
- Lions 22 Vikings 16… We talked two weeks ago that I am starting Hyder ahead of Ansah in leagues where I own them both. This week showed why. On less snaps, he had a 2 solo, 1 assist, 2 sack day. This will be the third week in a row I am recommending sitting Ansah. He is not playing in top form. Hyder has the 16th highest PPG average of all DL this year. In leagues where you start two DL he is a must start at this point. For the Vikings, Everson Griffen has the 4th highest PPG for any DL. He has a clunker game here and there, but that is the nature of DL. He is a must start DL1 ROS and a great dynasty asset! In CB required leagues Xavier Rhodes looks healthy and is a nice play. He is an efficient player averaging 11.2 fantasy points per 100 snaps. Side note- I am still an Anthony Barr fan. He had a respectable outing with 2 solos and 5 assists. His luster has worn off a bit in some circles. I think he is a good buy low candidate with LB2 upside.
- Eagles 23 Giants 28… Hicks and Bradham has decent outings. I believe they can both be started as LB2 ROS. (Kendricks played 3 snaps… 3…) Rookie Alert- Destiny Vaeao DT played on 33% of the snaps and had a 4 solo 1 sack day. He is an UFA that was projected to go in round 4. His player comp is Jaye Howard. Beau Allen DT has one more year on his contract. He has not played very well. Bennie Logan is in the last year of his contract and has only played on 33% of the snaps. In deeper DT required leagues I am keeping my eye on Destiny. Besides, his name is cool as hell! For the Giants, with Darian being on IR now, Andrew Adams stepped in and let the team with 9 solos and an INT. You can bet I will be adding him as a streaming option. The Giants yield nice numbers to their safeties. Collins didn’t want to be outdone, so he had a 6 solo, 6 assist, 1 INT, 1 sack day. He is a BEAST! Vernon and JPP snap counts are very high. I have been starting JPP in most leagues where I have him. Vernon had a sack this week and could be used as a spot start with bye weeks. I still don’t trust him, but it is nice to see him have a good week.
- Panthers 13 Rams 10… With my boy Shaq out the veteran Thomas Davis feasted on the Rams with 10 solos, 1 assist, 1 INT, 1 FF, and 1 sack. Don’t go getting excited about Mario Addison the 29 year old journeyman. He had a 2 sack day, now he will be napping the rest of the season… Rams had a nice day defensively. Too bad their offense can’t get anything going! Barron/Ogletree/Donald all had the “usual”…
- Saints 41 Niners 23… Saints got a nice outing from Vaccaro and Bell. Game script wise it will be interesting to see if Chip unleashes Kaepernick in the passing game more. That could affect IDP matchups moving forward. For the Niners, Gerald Hodges played on 62% of the snaps and led the team with 9 solos, 2 assists, and a sack. I am still not wanting to figure this LB landscape out. Bellore in an “ok” play as a streaming LB2. With Armstead out for the year, Quinton Dial becomes the beneficiary. He is listed as a DT and is currently the DT27. In DT required leagues he becomes a streaming option as a DT2.
- Colts 31 Packers 26… Looks as though this Colts secondary belongs to Geathers and Green now. Both are playing most of the game. Geathers has been uber productive. TJ Green had a nice outing with 5 solos and an assist. One LB note- Edwin “Pound Cake” Jackson had 3 solos and 1 assist on 10 snaps. I am a fan of Antonio Morrison, but Jackson is more athletic and has a killer instinct. If he continues to be productive on limited snaps we will see him continue. He is a smaller LB at 6’ 230lbs. At age 24, the arrow looks to be pointing up. D’Qwell Jackson has one year at 5 million left on his contract but there is little dead money. It will be interesting to see what they want to do on defense this off season. For the Packers, Ryan and Martinez played on identical snap shares at 81%. Ryan had double the stats that Martinez had. Jake Ryan is currently the LB37 and Martinez the LB59. I am not actively buying shares of either. If I were forced to pick one I’d say it would be Ryan long term.
- Titans 35 Chargers 43… Korey Toomer turned in a good streaming week with 8 solos, an assist and a FF. As long as they are thin at LB and he is getting snaps he is a good streaming LB2. Bosa played almost the entire game and had one assist. Do not start him unless you are desperate at DL. For the Titans , DaQuan Jones in his third season is a name we have not heard much from. Casey gets all the pub. Jones had a nice outing with 7 solos and an assist on 72% of the snaps. He is averaging 60% snapcount for the season, so his snaps are going up a bit. I am not rushing to add him, but I am keeping him on my watch list. Kevin Byard was a guy we talked about preseason as a stash. His snap count is going up and he has flashed a bit. On 63% of the snaps he had 5 solos and 4 assists. I still like him as a stash if you have the room. With the streaming nature of DB I generally only try and stash 1-2 of these types of players per roster vs three to five LBs.
- Broncos 20 Raiders 30… TJ Ward continues to be one of my favorite DBs right now. With 8 solos you can see why. For the Raiders, Perry Riley once again had 100% of the snaps and put in a more “Perry Riley-like” typical day with only three solos. Beware of starting him. Mack 2 sack attack wiggity whack! #IDP
- Bills 25 Seahawks 31… This was the first big let down game from Brown and Brown. I look for them to bounce back big time against the Bengals. For the Seahawks, Chancellor will most likely be back which means the Kelcie McCray train will come to a stop. If I own both I am not dropping McCray yet. Often the injury will aggravate and if so McCray will step right back in as a nice DB2 streaming option. Wagner and Wright both had great games and are in my starting lineups in all leagues. DeShawn Shead has turned into a nice CB required option. In weeks 6-9 he has been the DB9 (Burnett is DB10) with CB/S combined. I like that production! I am starting him wherever I have picked him up. On that note, I am starting more CB’s this season than I ever have. They are becoming more of a viable option than in years past. Frank Clark played on 78% of the snaps and had a great game. The problem is when Michael Bennett comes back how will that affect Clark’s snaps? Bennett has one year left on his deal at 6 million with 2 million dead cap. Cliff Avril has two years left on his deal with 4.5 million next year and 1 million in dead cap in 17. Taking that into consideration, this landscape may not change for Clark for a year or two. I am looking to sell where I can. He currently is averaging the 5th most points at the DL combining DE/DT. Oh and by the way, Bennett is the 12th most and Avril the 2nd most. I am not convinced that is sustainable with the three of them. They are all capable of putting up monster games, but that lends to a bit of a guessing game. One thing is clear-when one of them is out the other two are good bets for solid DL1 outings!
Big thanks to fantasydata.com for providing stats to DFW!
Thanks to all our listeners for your continued support!
Please subscribe, rate, and review!!