Laquon Treadwell

For discussing anything college football related
the_captain
Writer

Laquon Treadwell

Postby the_captain » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:26 pm

I need someone to tell me what I am missing on this guy. I don't watch college ball so up until recent weeks I was basing my understanding on this year's class based on the general consensus of the dynasty community. I'm at a point where I am now going through and reviewing "film" or more appropriately highlights of the careers of some of the incoming rookies and I have to say that Treadwell is dropping down my draft board.

We already know that he lacks speed but the issue here is much more than just straight line speed. Unlike Cooper, I am not seeing a player who has separation skills. There are times where he isn't well covered and he is open but otherwise he is lacking a much needed ability with his lack of speed. I am also not seeing any kind of real body control. Rarely is he ever asked to make big plays - leaping, diving, etc. Almost every catch is within very close range of his torso. He has good hands and is good in coverage (he needs to be since he can't separate) but everything is also against college level players. I know that this is the almighty SEC but there is still a jump from there to the NFL as there would be at any position.

Can someone please tell me what they are seeing in Treadwell that I am not? It seems a LOT of people making the assumption that if they get within the top 2 picks they are golden with him as one of the two selections but, imo, there appear to be a handful of other WRs coming out that will be able to make the move from college to the pros with more success.

Smoking Guns
Pro Bowler

Re: Laquon Treadwell

Postby Smoking Guns » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:46 pm

I was wondering the other day how would he have ranked had he been in last years WR class?
QB-Luck,Rivers
RB- Da.Johnson,Hyde, Blount,Abdullah,Gillislee,Conner
WR- AJG,Arob,Watkins,Jeffery,Pryor,D.Parker,JJ Nelson,A. Stewart
TE-Ertz,James,Walford
K-Hopkins
DEF- Bengals

whaley88
Waterboy

Postby whaley88 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:57 am

Exactly what I was thinking. I feel like there are 3 other receivers I can rate on or if not above him in this class. I would go as far as grabbing Henry over him as well.
12 team .5 ppr:
QB: Mariota, romo, glennon, garrapolo
RB: Zeke, Hill, Crowell, Jennings, Dixon, Ellington
WR: Watkins, Nuk, KBen, k white, treadwell, Doctson, C Coleman, CPatt, R Anderson, dgb
TE: Eifert, clay

buckeye
Madden Cover

Postby buckeye » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:18 pm

I kind of agree as well. I saw maybe 4 or 5 Mississippi games over the last 2 years and remember watching them fully aware of Treadwell's potential talent and waiting to be wowed. I came out of each game disappointed and unimpressed. There was one game though where he had around 10 catches and over 100 yards but I couldn't remember a single impressive play by him. Maybe he'll be that type of player - one who is steady but never a stud.

buddhaumd
Bench Player

Postby buddhaumd » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:29 am

QB: Brees-Wentz
RB: Gurley-D.Murray-Bernard-Powell-K.Hunt-J.Williams-McGuire-Hood
WR:K.Allen-Moncrief-Ty.Williams-J.Brown-Funchess-Godwin-M.Lee-Treadwell-M.Mitchell-C.Hogan
TE: Ebron-Witten

Return to “Devy / College Talk”