How about a forum for TD-Only leagues?

For those old school non-PPR guys. General Discussion, strategy, start/sit, etc.
jordanzs

How about a forum for TD-Only leagues?

Postby jordanzs » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Gotta keep it real & kick it old-skool flava!
DFW48: The Human Centipedes
QBs: Rothlesberger, Winston
RBs: Leveon, David Johnson, Lacy, Rawls
WRs: ARob, Dez, Alshon, Landry, Baldwin, Hurns, Boyd, Hogan
TEs: Eifert, Gates, Cameron.
DST: Seattle

Jaysports
Admin

Re: How about a forum for TD-Only leagues?

Postby Jaysports » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 pm

jordanzs wrote:Gotta keep it real & kick it old-skool flava!

Those still exist??? Lol

Sure, I can add a spot for it.
Just one of the Guys

DFW48 - Starters

Palmer (Dalton)
AP, Freeman (Zeke)
Julio, A.Brown, Hopkins, K.Allen (Janis)
Reed (Fleener)

Founder / CEO
Twitter @Jaysports_DFW
Follow DFW on Facebook
You can friend me on Facebook
www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com

Just4Fun
MVP

Postby Just4Fun » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:18 pm

Actually I am in a TD only league.
League started in 1987 and I joined in an open spot in 1989.
We would have to call our lineups into the league commish by 5 Friday nights. Allowed 1 change before 12:00 Sunday.
Actually had to get official scores out of the USA Today news paper. Once Internet came around (dial up) it became a bit easier.
However with dynasty it's very difficult to transform from TD only to yardage without advantages and disadvantages.
Even today it is my favorite league and one of the most competitive leagues I'm in. (Not to mention highest buy in). This is a case of keeping it simple can be the best.
I loved the guys trying to play yardage back then. No stats kept, just grab a paper and add up numbers Monday or Tuesday morning to see if you won or lost. No much fun to me. TD only you knew who scored and could follow your game.
Call me old school, call me what you want. It's still fun. Don't get me wrong I love it all and really got into weekly fan duel last year too.

the_captain
Writer

Postby the_captain » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:14 pm

Just4Fun wrote:However with dynasty it's very difficult to transform from TD only to yardage without advantages and disadvantages.

I'm sure over 25+ years you could have found a way but sounds more like there was just never an interest in changing.

I started playing leagues in 1989 but by 1991 was already out of any TD only leagues. It was an auction, non-ppr league. I can't agree that doing scoring by hand wasn't any fun just because you had to figure up yardage in the newspaper. I suspect nearly anyone would say that once an alternative to TD only was available they left and would never go back.

Just4Fun
MVP

Postby Just4Fun » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:31 pm

Well nearly everyone is the key word. I am in 2 PPR leagues, 1/2 point PPR league and a TD only league. I enjoy the TD league as much if not more than the rest. All of them have there own challenges and I can adapt to any rules or scoring. I'm smart enough to grab up target monsters in PPR leagues and TD Vulchers in TD only leagues to go with the stars.
The point of dynasty leagues is not to play 3/5 years and quit or have the league fold. That's the problem with most dynasty leagues, they are only as strong as the owners. Why would I put tons of time building a team to only have the league fold up.
Anyone can take pot shots and if it doesn't work out leave. Trust me in 25 years we have only had 20 owners (8 Teams) over those years. One of them the son took over for his dad, another died. There are guys waiting to get into it. May not sound fun to a lot of the guys that think they are super smart and feel it's too much luck, but I'm here to tell you...no matter what scoring you have there is a tremendous amount of luck involved.
As for the looking at the paper? I did that in a couple redrafts around 1990 - 1993 and yes it was boring until things got firing on the Internet. Not having much of an idea if you won or lost until you checked box scores (which were only in papers) ? I didn't really like it but that's me. The reason I'm only in 4 leagues (besides weekly) is because I love to watch the games and root for my guys. The more leagues your in, the more players you have playing for you and against you at the same time. I'm not a pro hence the user name :lol:

Return to “Non-PPR Advice **NEW**”