Community Bio's - Your Turn!

General Dynasty Discussion
bst4r
Cheerleader

Re: Community Bio's - Your Turn!

Postby bst4r » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:53 pm

sixshooter wrote:Well you have already taken the first step by visiting the DFW blogs as they are a great place to network and find opportunities to join a league or two.

As a matter of fact, you can go to this DFW blog http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=27 to view league commissioners who are looking for dynasty owners. This is the perfect time of the year to be looking to join a DFW league so you shouldn't have much trouble.

Yeah I have looked up a few opportunities but the teams that I can pick up don`t have at all any of my players which I plan to play next year . At least I wanna have some opportunities to Trade for but some of them not that good managed till now :) Maybe I will try even if not that nice

sixshooter

Postby sixshooter » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 pm

That tends to be the case with orphaned dynasty teams but if you are aggressive, you can can turn one around in 2-3 years but I wouldn't expect to take over an orphaned team and be competitive year one because that is certainly not normal. Quite honestly, one of the most satisfying experiences I have had in fantasy sports is taking over a "trade-raped" dynasty and turning it into a competitive team. I took over a terrible team back in 2010 and had it "flipped" in a couple years which was my plan and it has worked out well. Just took runner up with that team this year and it is a very competitive league. You can check out a good part of that journey and the strategy I used here http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/from-orphaned-team-to-championship-contender/. I strongly encourage you to check it out........Gotta luv being a dynasty owner!!!
DFW48 = Wild Horses

Fish Fear Me!

4QuartersRadio
Cheerleader

Postby 4QuartersRadio » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Aloha, fellas. My first day on DFW, stumbled across the place while looking for a place to play some more hardcore fantasy leagues.

Been playing FF since 2000, and have run a league comprised of my hometown cronies for 11 years. I'm one of three owners to hold two championships in that league and the only one to win 100+ games during its existence.

I've dabbled in every other fantasy sport out there, starting with baseball back when Ron Karkovice was a great sleeper pick. I've been a sports radio producer and occasional host in Nashville and spent three seasons as a national college hoop columnist for Bleacher Report. My fan list reads: Colts, Bears, Pacers, Braves, Capitals, Boilermakers and whoever's playing the Indiana University Hosers.

Been married for 8 years, have 2 beautiful daughters (4 and 2). Looking forward to meeting a new circle of players, because all my old homeboys have a problem of neglecting their leagues because of all those silly spouse and kids people. Luckily, my girls all understand and tolerate my addiction. Hopefully, you guys are a better class of enablers. Cheers!

sixshooter

Postby sixshooter » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:57 am

Hey 4QuartersRadio.......Welcome aboard the DFW Fantasy Football Enterprise! We Definitely have some hardcore Fantasy Footballer's on this site without question! I have played anything from fantasy golf to fantasy nascar to fantasy basketball to fantasy football but football is hands down the greatest entertainment value without a doubt! Been playing since mid 90's and have enjoyed years and years of entertainment for sure! I participate in leagues with my friends and co-workers, public leagues and the DFW48 League which I must say is the most unique league I have ever joined.

Glad you found us as you will find that this site is a buffet of information from a variety of personalities when it comes to fantasy football......Enjoy and again......Welcome to DFW!!!
DFW48 = Wild Horses

Fish Fear Me!

the Jag Zone
Cheerleader

Postby the Jag Zone » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:40 pm

new here.. looking things over..
:D
've been involved in FF for well over 30 years at this point.. it goes back into the days of leagues manually tabulating scores weekly based on the basic scoring stats posted in USA Today on Monday and Tuesday.. started like most.. in basic scoring leagues.. some yahoo, CBS, ESPN, Fox.. etc.. began getting involved in the Dynasty formats during the early 2000's and it didn't take me long to realize that Dynasty League Success was the be all to end all for me.. and that money had nothing to do with it.. the "rush" for me, if you will, was both starting from scratch via my own initial Draft or taking a team that a previous owner may have basically destroyed and in 2-3 seasons turning that franchise into an every year contender.. I've played free leagues, $25 /person leagues, as well as in high stakes Leagues at several levels.. with Media in the Midwest (Sportswriters, Field Reporters, and News Editors) along with random Owners here and there all over the country.

I absolutely love playing and competing against the many different strategies that owners bring to the table. I enjoy conversing about football and the many things that come with it so if interested feel free to message me anytime!
"Never argue with idiots,
they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

sixshooter

Postby sixshooter » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Welcome aboard Jag Zone.......DFW is a GREAT community! Sounds like you have some experience that will only make it better!
DFW48 = Wild Horses

Fish Fear Me!

FLIP1184
Cheerleader

Postby FLIP1184 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Been looking around on this site more and more the past couple years. I'm a contractor in MN/ND, so naturally im a Big 10 and Vikings fan. Been doing fantasy leagues since '98 when Randy Moss won me my first championship ($750) my first year in my Dad's work league when I was a freshman in high school. Was a huge sports card collector, a statistics guy, and number cruncher, so fantasy leagues always intrigued me. The development and progression of players and evolution of the game is what really keeps me interested year round.

I'm currently the head of a three person commissioner board of a 12 team full PPR dynasty league, with independent IDP's (DB, LB, DL), with added scoring variables to give necessary value across the board.

Love the site, input and information here.

sixshooter

Postby sixshooter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Hey FLIP, fantasy leagues are definitely a draw for those of us who enjoy numbers and stats not to mention sports. These forums are always a valuable source of information for those looking input on player values, trade offers, etc.
DFW48 = Wild Horses

Fish Fear Me!

Return to “Dynasty Warehouse Discussion”