Community Bio's - Your Turn!

General Dynasty Discussion
Burgandy
Admin

Re: Community Bio's - Your Turn!

Postby Burgandy » Thu May 07, 2015 12:39 pm

NWABCS wrote:
Jaysports wrote:Happy to see you here! ;)

Welcome to The Warehouse, you will feel at home with many many other Dynasty FFL addicts.

Thanks. I am thinking about a premium subscription because after my epic collapse last year of going 7-18 (over 5 leagues) over the last 5 weeks of the season, I need help so I don't go on tilt. LOL

Haha. It is totally worth it. If nothing else just for the access to our Insider team on team advice and such. Welcome to the Warehouse man.
Owner/ Senior Writer at- http://www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com
Follow my on twitter at @Dan_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook

sixshooter

Postby sixshooter » Thu May 07, 2015 4:56 pm

NWABCS wrote:Hi everybody!! (HI DR. NICK...)

So my favorite fantasy football site recently shut down. I had this buried in my bookmarks. I've been a fantasy footballer for about 12 years. I'd say I've been competent for about 6 or 7 years. :lol:

I love dynasty. I need to stay far away from anything with IDPs. Defensive players and I don't mix. Fantasy football makes me feel way more invested in the game. IDPs make me sad.

Even after 12 years I tend to over-think and over-analyze moves. I still fight falling in love with a guy and having blinders on when it comes to that player.

I am in 5 leagues. A one player keeper, a 2 player keeper, a redraft, and two 10 player keepers. The two ten player keeper leagues have a Superbowl week 16. I like dynasty (or heavy keeper leagues) most of all. I'd say I am addicted. Since my first dynasty league (10 player keeper leagues used to be dynasty), I became obsessed with the NFL Draft and learning all rookies.

Happy to be here. :dance:

Glad to see you found DFW! This site has been a great one to reference for advice and only is getting better! Trust me.....you will not regret soaking in the various opinions you will receive from this site no matter if it's the writer's or those commenting on articles and here in the forums!

There are definitely a ton of passionate fantasy footballer's here who love to help others win that Championship! The premium content is well worth the minimal fee that others are missing out on.

Welcome aboard to what I honestly believe is the best fantasy football site available regarding data, research, advice, etc no matter if you are participating in a re-draft league, a keeper league or a dynasty league.

I hear ya on the "over-thinking" part and believe that most any passionate fantasy owner has been guilty of such which is where a site like this can help weed out those "over-valued" players that we all have fallen for at one time or another.
DFW48 = Wild Horses

Fish Fear Me!

NWABCS
Mascot

Postby NWABCS » Mon May 11, 2015 8:29 am

Bought. Boom. Time to read and study :)
QB: Carr, Prescott, Mahomes , Lynch
RB: David Johnson, L. Bell, Fournette, D. Henry, A. Jones, K. Drake
WR/TE: A. Brown, M. Evans, Watkins, Hilton, Shepard, Fuller, K. Stills

Picks: 1.2, 1.6

Burgandy
Admin

Postby Burgandy » Mon May 11, 2015 8:42 am

Sweet! Thanks for the support!!

@BillLatin
Waterboy

Postby @BillLatin » Mon May 25, 2015 8:37 am

Really enjoyed reading all the bios! My name is Bill Latin. I am 45 years old. I live in Chandler AZ. I have been married for 24 years as of today! I have three sons. Jake is almost 21 and is a junior at ASU on scholarship studying HR Management. Jamie is 19 and a freshman at NAU on scholarship studying Finanace. Jonathan will attend ASU in the fall on scholarship and study accounting. I am a retail grocery store manager and have worked for same company for 26 years.

I started in FF about 15 years ago. I drafted Cam Cleeland (who was hurt and out for the year). I set out the next year not to look stupid and won the league lol. I started dynasty 4 years ago when Full Tilt closed down to US players. (Was a reasonably successful online poker player there) I needed something challenging that was fun. I have added a league each year. I am currently in 4 dynasty leagues and will be adding a fifth this year. All of my leagues are auction/devy/salary/contract leagues. I love it. Moving forward I'd like to join some leagues with industry experts to test my skills and build rapport with folks in the industry. I am also in three redraft leagues which are all long time fun family friend leagues. One I started 14 years ago and all my kids and wife have teams.

I recently wrote my first article for DFW titled "Mother Load". Josh Johnson encouraged me to do some writing (thanks Josh!) I will be trying to focus on IDP with Scurvy and company. I believe the industry is craving good IDP content and DFW is gaining steam there!

I look forward to getting to know all of you!
IDP/Salary/Contract/Devy Dynasty Football Freak
DFW Co-Owner/Writer Follow @BillLatin
Hit me up anytime!

Jaysports
Admin

Postby Jaysports » Mon May 25, 2015 12:11 pm

@BillLatin wrote:Really enjoyed reading all the bios! My name is Bill Latin. I am 45 years old. I live in Chandler AZ. I have been married for 24 years as of today! I have three sons. Jake is almost 21 and is a junior at ASU on scholarship studying HR Management. Jamie is 19 and a freshman at NAU on scholarship studying Finanace. Jonathan will attend ASU in the fall on scholarship and study accounting. I am a retail grocery store manager and have worked for same company for 26 years.

I started in FF about 15 years ago. I drafted Cam Cleeland (who was hurt and out for the year). I set out the next year not to look stupid and won the league lol. I started dynasty 4 years ago when Full Tilt closed down to US players. (Was a reasonably successful online poker player there) I needed something challenging that was fun. I have added a league each year. I am currently in 4 dynasty leagues and will be adding a fifth this year. All of my leagues are auction/devy/salary/contract leagues. I love it. Moving forward I'd like to join some leagues with industry experts to test my skills and build rapport with folks in the industry. I am also in three redraft leagues which are all long time fun family friend leagues. One I started 14 years ago and all my kids and wife have teams.

I recently wrote my first article for DFW titled "Mother Load". Josh Johnson encouraged me to do some writing (thanks Josh!) I will be trying to focus on IDP with Scurvy and company. I believe the industry is craving good IDP content and DFW is gaining steam there!

Thanks for sharing your story Bill and for contributing here at DFW.
Just one of the Guys

DFW48 - Starters

Palmer (Dalton)
AP, Freeman (Zeke)
Julio, A.Brown, Hopkins, K.Allen (Janis)
Reed (Fleener)

Founder / CEO
Twitter @Jaysports_DFW
Follow DFW on Facebook
You can friend me on Facebook
www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com

Burgandy
Admin

Postby Burgandy » Mon May 25, 2015 3:37 pm

@BillLatin wrote:Really enjoyed reading all the bios! My name is Bill Latin. I am 45 years old. I live in Chandler AZ. I have been married for 24 years as of today! I have three sons. Jake is almost 21 and is a junior at ASU on scholarship studying HR Management. Jamie is 19 and a freshman at NAU on scholarship studying Finanace. Jonathan will attend ASU in the fall on scholarship and study accounting. I am a retail grocery store manager and have worked for same company for 26 years.

Awesome bio Bill. And awesome auction article. Great to have you at DFW

sixshooter

Postby sixshooter » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:07 pm

Good stuff Bill......welcome aboard. I was in Phoeniz in February and may be headed back at the end of this week! Great country but a 'lil hot this time of year!
DFW48 = Wild Horses

Fish Fear Me!

@BillLatin
Waterboy

Postby @BillLatin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:14 pm

Shoot me a pm. I can meet you for lunch or something! Yes. It's hot as hell lol
IDP/Salary/Contract/Devy Dynasty Football Freak
DFW Co-Owner/Writer Follow @BillLatin
Hit me up anytime!

sixshooter

Postby sixshooter » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:54 pm

Can do Bill......just spoke to my Dad and sounds like it is 110- 115 degrees. Not sure if I will get the chance to hook up but will certainly do so if I can. Looking at flying down on Friday to help pops drive his RV back to sunny SD but told him I won't be in a hurry. He is in Surprise, AZ. I will let you know if I get a chance to hook up buddy! If not, I plan on being back in the area next fall/spring!
DFW48 = Wild Horses

Fish Fear Me!

kalapanaflow
Cheerleader

Postby kalapanaflow » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:03 pm

It's Them.

Michael Davis. Been playing FF since 92' as a teenager. Always have loved the ebb and flow of players, match-up's and trends of the NFL. Huge Bronco fan. I grew up in the Boulder area, graduated from Longmont High School, attended UNC in Greeley to become an art teacher then moved to the Hawaiian Islands (O‘ahu) where I am now Ka‘ewai Elementary School's Tech Coordinator/UX Designer. I currently live in Kailua with my wife who is 5 mo's expecting our first child. My Son. Life is good!!

Burgandy
Admin

Postby Burgandy » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:16 am

kalapanaflow wrote:It's Them.

Michael Davis. Been playing FF since 92' as a teenager. Always have loved the ebb and flow of players, match-up's and trends of the NFL. Huge Bronco fan. I grew up in the Boulder area, graduated from Longmont High School, attended UNC in Greeley to become an art teacher then moved to the Hawaiian Islands (O‘ahu) where I am now Ka‘ewai Elementary School's Tech Coordinator/UX Designer. I currently live in Kailua with my wife who is 5 mo's expecting our first child. My Son. Life is good!!

Thanks for jumping in on this Mikey! Aloha brother. Thanks for years of support and great fantasy thoughts.

sixshooter

Postby sixshooter » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:39 am

E kolo mai malihini! How'z it brah? Tell da' Bounty Hunter hello! Glad to hear that "life is good" for you and hopefully DFW can help make it even better!

Ok, I had to look up that first sentence but I wanted to one up the "Aloha" from Burgs......LOL!

Good luck in the DFW48!
DFW48 = Wild Horses

Fish Fear Me!

sixshooter

Postby sixshooter » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:53 am

Too funny, I just went downstairs and the wife was watching an episode of the Bounty Hunter!
DFW48 = Wild Horses

Fish Fear Me!

Burgandy
Admin

Postby Burgandy » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:24 am

sixshooter wrote:E kolo mai malihini!

No one wants to hear about your E-coli Shooter. :)

Return to “Dynasty Warehouse Discussion”