2017 1.01 value?

General Dynasty Discussion
Dobby

2017 1.01 value?

Postby Dobby » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:25 am

Whats the 2017 1.01 worth,assuming we're likely talking about Leonard Fournette.

Is it worth 3 1sts(atleast two of them from 2017,no higher than 1.05)?
DFWIDP36 - Wichita´s Hall of Fame Squad
QB: Wilson,Teddy
RB : Gurley,Bell,Hill,Langford,McKinnon,Cobb
WR: Green,Dez,Julio,Matthews,Parker,TWill,Crabtree
TE: Jimmy
DL: Campbell,M.Johnson
LB: David,Laurinaitis,Davis,Lee
DB: Coleman,Mitchell

Ice

Re: 2017 1.01 value?

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:39 am

That is about right I suspect but many hoping to hit a Zeke type payback will not move off that pick unless a stud is involved.

Seems to me I had to move Gurley and a 4th to get 1.1 and a 2017 first plus a few spare parts even before the Cowboys drafted Zeke last off season. Obviously, I was really sold on Zeke as the future stud at the position at the time.

The odds of any back really hitting Zeke type success is pretty low although players like Fournette are very talented so he could command those type prices as the draft approaches so moving picks by comparison is pretty cheap if he hits as a stud.

Dobby

Postby Dobby » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:49 am

I remember that trade of yours,being the victim part here... :D

Ice

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:01 am

Dobby wrote:I remember that trade of yours,being the victim part here... :D

I didn't disclose that part out of professional courtesy but as you know, most thought you won that deal at the time. That deal does show however, just how valuable a specific player can be worth.

If anyone as an example values Fournette as I valued Zeke last year then risks may have to be taken to ensure you get him.

If it is any consolation, I was convinced Dallas was going to draft Zeke which was the reason I made that deal. :D

We will begin to see this week the positive potential impact of Gurley with the QB change in LA. Gurley owners should be watching closely as he still holds 1.1 value.

Dobby

Postby Dobby » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:07 am

Appreciate that,but from you I can take/accept that emotional beatdown :D the only thing that I really miss is my first. But its ok, once Gurley starts producing again :D

Ice

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:31 am

Dobby wrote:Appreciate that,but from you I can take/accept that emotional beatdown :D the only thing that I really miss is my first. But its ok, once Gurley starts producing again :D

I traded it in a deal for Cam within a few days but do miss it a bit as well. For those of that don't play in IDP36, that first will be very late as we both have very strong teams in this league.

IllegalFacemask
Madden Cover

Postby IllegalFacemask » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:53 pm

A lot of people have Fournette at the 1.01 spot, but right now it's a little uncertain. Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Juju Smith, and Corey Davis could all challenge come draft time. My money would be on Leonard, but I would likely only pay the 1.05, and one later first. Zeke commanded a massive price, but his situation is unmatched in history. Good team owning a high draft pick, with the best offensive line, with the easiest schedule in football, and the bonus addition of a new running QB. I imagine I may only see Zekes situation once in my lifetime.
DFW48 | Tyler Durden
Rodgers (Luck)
Le'Veon Gurley Zeke Barkley
Julio Odell Evans (Cooper, Gordon, Watkins, Theilen)
Gronk (Kelce)

Dobby

Postby Dobby » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:27 pm

IllegalFacemask wrote:A lot of people have Fournette at the 1.01 spot, but right now it's a little uncertain. Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Juju Smith, and Corey Davis could all challenge come draft time. My money would be on Leonard, but I would likely only pay the 1.05, and one later first. Zeke commanded a massive price, but his situation is unmatched in history. Good team owning a high draft pick, with the best offensive line, with the easiest schedule in football, and the bonus addition of a new running QB. I imagine I may only see Zekes situation once in my lifetime.

He made it absolutely clear that its either 3 1sts or no deal. I might be able to talk him into two 2017 1sts and one from 2018.
Right now I have 4 in 17 and one in 18

Ice

Postby Ice » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Dobby wrote:
IllegalFacemask wrote:A lot of people have Fournette at the 1.01 spot, but right now it's a little uncertain. Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Juju Smith, and Corey Davis could all challenge come draft time. My money would be on Leonard, but I would likely only pay the 1.05, and one later first. Zeke commanded a massive price, but his situation is unmatched in history. Good team owning a high draft pick, with the best offensive line, with the easiest schedule in football, and the bonus addition of a new running QB. I imagine I may only see Zekes situation once in my lifetime.

He made it absolutely clear that its either 3 1sts or no deal. I might be able to talk him into two 2017 1sts and one from 2018.

I would give two 17 and one 18 first rounder easily if I knew I would get 1.1. There are a couple of backs that depending on location could be easily worth that. Obviously, the later picks the better. 3 this year provided 2 are pretty late would also work.

The other option is to sell those picks trying to get Johnson or Zeke if you don't already own them. That is too many pick assets to hold to close to the draft so moving them now makes a lot of sense.

Dobby

Postby Dobby » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Ice wrote:
Dobby wrote:

I would give two 17 and one 18 first rounder easily if I knew I would get 1.1. There are a couple of backs that depending on location could be easily worth that. Obviously, the later picks the better. 3 this year provided 2 are pretty late would also work.

The option is to sell those picks trying to get Johnson or Zeke if you don't already own them. That is too many pick assets to hold to close to the draft so moving them now makes a lot of sense.

Zeke(and Gurley) I own allready, Johnson I dont get. Tried everything but no chance right now.

IllegalFacemask
Madden Cover

Postby IllegalFacemask » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:58 pm

I'd just pass Dobbs. The price is too high for the depth of talent.
DFW48 | Tyler Durden
Rodgers (Luck)
Gronk (Kelce)

Dobby

Postby Dobby » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:43 pm

IllegalFacemask wrote:I'd just pass Dobbs. The price is too high for the depth of talent.

True, I´´d lose quite a bit of quality depth, though my roster actually is pretty stacked allready

QB: Mariota,Ryan
RB: Zeke,Gurley,Coleman,Hill,Booker,D.Washington(OAK),Dixon
WR: Green,Landry,Watkins,K.Benjamin,S.Shepard,DGB,T.Williams(SD),Gordon
TE: Gronk,Jimmy(just traded Rudolph for a 17 1st)

so adding another uber stud at RB would be nice.

IllegalFacemask
Madden Cover

Postby IllegalFacemask » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:11 pm

Dobby wrote:
IllegalFacemask wrote:I'd just pass Dobbs. The price is too high for the depth of talent.

True, I´´d lose quite a bit of quality depth, though my roster actually is pretty stacked allready

QB: Mariota,Ryan
RB: Zeke,Gurley,Coleman,Hill,Booker,D.Washington(OAK),Dixon
WR: Green,Landry,Watkins,K.Benjamin,S.Shepard,DGB,T.Williams(SD),Gordon
TE: Gronk,Jimmy(just traded Rudolph for a 17 1st)

so adding another uber stud at RB would be nice.

When you can't hit the bullseye with a rifle, just pull out the shotgun and spread the damage around.
DFW48 | Tyler Durden
Rodgers (Luck)
Gronk (Kelce)

buckeye
Madden Cover

Postby buckeye » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:10 pm

In one league, I own 5 1sts next year, valued right now at 3, 5, 9, 11, and 12. I'd happily give up 5, 11, and 12 for the 1.01. I'm also pretty sure the owner of the likely 1.01 would turn me down.

thedream9
Hall of Fame

Postby thedream9 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:30 am

Considering offering giving up Gurley for Jordan Howard and current 1.1 (currently 3 teams tied at 3-7 and this guy currently has tie breaker for last place)
Any thoughts?
10-team .5 PPR
Ben, Carr, Stafford
Gurley, Fournette, Mixon, Hill, Henry, Crowell, Lynch, AP
AJG, Keenan, Watkins, DT, Jordy, moncrief, Doctson, Floyd, Dorsett, Carroo, JJ Nelson
NJoku, Cook

Return to “Dynasty Warehouse Discussion”