Re-ranking of top-6 rookies

General Dynasty Discussion
Jaysports
Admin

Re-ranking of top-6 rookies

Postby Jaysports » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:05 am

With Hunt's showing last night and Corey Davis being limited all preseason I'm curious to hear from folks on how they would now rank their top-6 rookies. Should be an interesting topic imo. :D
Just one of the Guys

DFW48 - Starters

Palmer (Dalton)
AP, Freeman (Zeke)
Julio, A.Brown, Hopkins, K.Allen (Janis)
Reed (Fleener)

Founder / CEO
Twitter @Jaysports_DFW
Follow DFW on Facebook
You can friend me on Facebook
www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com

Ice

Re: Re-ranking of top-6 rookies

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:14 pm

Jaysports wrote:With Hunt's showing last night and Corey Davis being limited all preseason I'm curious to hear from folks on how they would now rank their top-6 rookies. Should be an interesting topic imo. :D

I am all in on Hunt.

I drafted him in early 3.5 in a redraft money league right after Ware was hurt to raised eyebrows. The news wasn't out yet as to the extent of his injury. MFL in their draft recap said I made the worst pick in the draft. They edited that out of the recap yesterday.

In my big money redraft Labor Day weekend I took him 2.14 and got some grief for a reach. Just laughed it off and bet a guy 50 he would finish top 12 RB this year.

Kidd looks a lot like Emmitt Smith. Have him 1.3 in Dynasty now. Still giving edge to Fournette and McCaffrey but wow he looked good.

Very quick and elusive. Long speed is a bit suspect but not that important for a RB.

Looks to be in a perfect system. Could be a stud behind that line. What an amazing performance.

Just4Fun
MVP

Postby Just4Fun » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:25 am

Hunt would be my 1st overall pick without question.

Before you call me crazy think about the whole scope first.

Ware an average back put up huge numbers last year. This system and team will produce a top back no matter the name. Hunt looked very very good for a rookie. He ran hard, smart and was great in the passing game as well. He is a true bell cow type back in an awesome situation.

Fournette could be great but I will ride KC over Jax all day long. Couple that with not knowing if he will be involved in the passing game heavily.... Pretty easy call with Hunt.

McCaffery will be huge in the passing game. I however don't see him getting goaline carries often which IMO limits him vs the likes of Hunt. I love C Mac but not over what I think is a true bell cow like Hunt.

jordanzs

Postby jordanzs » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Hunt
Fournette
Cook
Mccaffrey
Davis
Mixon

And the tier breaks after that......
DFW48: The Human Centipedes
QBs: Rothlesberger, Winston
RBs: Leveon, David Johnson, Lacy, Rawls
WRs: ARob, Dez, Alshon, Landry, Baldwin, Hurns, Boyd, Hogan
TEs: Eifert, Gates, Cameron.
DST: Seattle

spcooper2010
Waterboy

Postby spcooper2010 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Am I missing something? How does hunt jump to the front of the pack after one week? I get he had an explosive night, but why is he suddenly at the top of the class? Seems to me a bit fast to so drastically rerank everything that much. I may very well be wrong on this, but I would rather not allow one night to so change my valuations of players so much.

For the record mine would be

Cook
Fournette
Davis
Mixon
Hunt
McCaffrey
Winston, Wentz
Freeman, Howard, Gio, Dixon, McKinnon
Cooper, Evans, Hilton, DT, Parker, White, Carroo, Inman, Kerley
Ertz, Tamme, Williams

Just4Fun
MVP

Postby Just4Fun » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:08 am

spcooper2010 wrote:Am I missing something? How does hunt jump to the front of the pack after one week? I get he had an explosive night, but why is he suddenly at the top of the class? Seems to me a bit fast to so drastically rerank everything that much. I may very well be wrong on this, but I would rather not allow one night to so change my valuations of players so much.

For the record mine would be

Cook
Fournette
Davis
Mixon
Hunt
McCaffrey

It isn't just 1 week.

The injury to Ware opened up the door. Week 1 he went through it and closed the door behind him.
He answered the questions .....
1). Will they rely heavily on him and not limit him.
2). Does he have the ability at the NFL level
3). Is KC back situation still a great great spot.

Maybe those questions were answered week 1 but for me it's much deeper than just a huge fantasy night. It was how they used him and how he responded.

IMO if Mixon went to KC we MIGHT be having the same conversation. However he is sharing a bad job with 2 others vs a great job alone.

I think too many people under estimate situation and think long term that a players talent will win out. I do prefer to ride the talent but at the same time if a talented player is in a great situation..... why hope on a guy vs reaping (in this case) a top 10 talent and possibly much higher.

We saw Hunts ceiling lol, It's incredible. I think the floor maybe higher than the rest also.

On another note.... Cook was used much the same as Hunt. That is very promising for him. I am and will go after him as well. His drops week 1 was concerning and if it continues then he could lose that 3rd down job but the Vikings imo will give him many more chances to correct that.

thedream9
Hall of Fame

Postby thedream9 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:44 am

With the ongoing legal troubles for zeke in getting a little weary of losing him late during a title run. Considering offering him to a Dallas fan who happens to have hunt.
How much would you need in return? A first? Two first?
My ranks would be
Fournette
Hunt
Cook
Mccaffrey
Davis
Mixon
I like that fournette is being used as a work horse, and did well against a good defense. I wanna see cook perform well again against a real defense, not the saints.
And the Mixon usage is getting troubling. Hopefully the new OC changes that. Splitting 25 touches evenly between 3 players is assanine.
10-team .5 PPR
Ben, Carr, Stafford
Gurley, Fournette, Mixon, Hill, Henry, Crowell, Lynch, AP
AJG, Watkins, DT, Jordy, Adams, moncrief, Doctson, Floyd, Dorsett, Carroo, JJ Nelson
NJoku, Cook

Jaysports
Admin

Postby Jaysports » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:04 am

thedream9 wrote:With the ongoing legal troubles for zeke in getting a little weary of losing him late during a title run. Considering offering him to a Dallas fan who happens to have hunt.
How much would you need in return? A first? Two first?
My ranks would be
Fournette
Hunt
Cook
Mccaffrey
Davis
Mixon
I like that fournette is being used as a work horse, and did well against a good defense. I wanna see cook perform well again against a real defense, not the saints.
And the Mixon usage is getting troubling. Hopefully the new OC changes that. Splitting 25 touches evenly between 3 players is assanine.

You need to wait one more game before you go moving Zeke for Hunt imo. If he has a 20 point game this week Zeke for Hunt and a 1st sounds reasonable imo.
Just one of the Guys

DFW48 - Starters

Palmer (Dalton)
AP, Freeman (Zeke)
Julio, A.Brown, Hopkins, K.Allen (Janis)
Reed (Fleener)

Founder / CEO
Twitter @Jaysports_DFW
Follow DFW on Facebook
You can friend me on Facebook
www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com

dgulaitis
Pro Bowler

Postby dgulaitis » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:13 am

For 2017 only

Fournette
Hunt
Cook
Mccaffrey
Davis
Mixon

Dynasty long term

Fournette
McCaffery
Davis
Cook
Hunt
Mixon

I also think we need to now include Kamara. I think he's the man sooner rather than later and NO might dump both AP and Ingram 2018.
QB: Wentz, Goff, Luck
RB: LeVeon, Zeke, Howard, Kamara, Crowell, Drake, Kelley(IR), Sims, Cohen
WR; OBJ, Evans, Hopkins, Diggs, Watkins, White(IR)
TE: Engram, Doyle, Olsen

Taxi: Clement, Ekeler, Samuel, Hollins

2018: 1.01 1.03* 2.01 2.05*

Omnicopter
Cheerleader

Postby Omnicopter » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:56 am

I agree how crazy fast valuation change for most people in such a short amount of time. It bites both ways. I remember J Hill, J Mathews and countless others vaulting to top 5 pos status based on some decent usage or a few good plays during a season.

So when you have someone suddenly vault to the top of another tier in 1 week it has to raise an eyebrow. Now for Hunt, this is an exceptional case for 2 reasons, the situation changed and more importantly, he put up the single greatest opening rookie game ever. You can't entirely ignore it.

McCafferey
Cook
Fournette
Hunt
Davis
Mixon

I was never high on Mixon for many reasons, including the upcoming coaching turnover and logjam at his position on his team. He seems better to buy low mid season barring a blowup. Fournette is similar in that I wouldn't have been drafting him anywhere unless he was a value drop, his feet issues bother me. Hunt would have been my 6 prior to the Ware injury/Week 1 explosion, and I could see taking him over Fournette and probably would. Davis was a consensus top overall pick before he missed time, so it's crazy he's dropped so far for everyone.

And as for the Kamara reference, I couldn't agree more. I took him in my 2 main dynasty leagues at 10 and my 2 redraft leagues. I didn't take him in the 48, but that is just a fun observational league for me and my good friend in both dynasty leagues was watching the rookie draft and I didn't want to tip my hand by taking him there ;) I couldn't be happier with what I saw in week 1 from him. It won't be such a logjam there for too long and he'll get his usage until it clears up.

Just4Fun
MVP

Postby Just4Fun » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 am

dgulaitis wrote:
I also think we need to now include Kamara. I think he's the man sooner rather than later and NO might dump both AP and Ingram 2018.

Sooner being 2018 I agree.

He will pop a few big ones in games where Saints are behind a good deal. However week to week he will be a tough guy to start. AP and Ingram are too talented to not get touches also. I like him plenty though and will be trying to trade for him now rather than later.

jordanzs

Postby jordanzs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Omnicopter wrote:I agree how crazy fast valuation change for most people in such a short amount of time. It bites both ways. I remember J Hill, J Mathews and countless others vaulting to top 5 pos status based on some decent usage or a few good plays during a season.

So when you have someone suddenly vault to the top of another tier in 1 week it has to raise an eyebrow. Now for Hunt, this is an exceptional case for 2 reasons, the situation changed and more importantly, he put up the single greatest opening rookie game ever. You can't entirely ignore it.

McCafferey
Cook
Fournette
Hunt
Davis
Mixon

I was never high on Mixon for many reasons, including the upcoming coaching turnover and logjam at his position on his team. He seems better to buy low mid season barring a blowup. Fournette is similar in that I wouldn't have been drafting him anywhere unless he was a value drop, his feet issues bother me. Hunt would have been my 6 prior to the Ware injury/Week 1 explosion, and I could see taking him over Fournette and probably would. Davis was a consensus top overall pick before he missed time, so it's crazy he's dropped so far for everyone.

And as for the Kamara reference, I couldn't agree more. I took him in my 2 main dynasty leagues at 10 and my 2 redraft leagues. I didn't take him in the 48, but that is just a fun observational league for me and my good friend in both dynasty leagues was watching the rookie draft and I didn't want to tip my hand by taking him there ;) I couldn't be happier with what I saw in week 1 from him. It won't be such a logjam there for too long and he'll get his usage until it clears up.

Are you in DFW48?

I have McCaffrey in there, and I'll trade him for Fournette, Cook, or Hunt. If you have one of them and these are your rankings, feel free to hit me up. My team is The Human Champipedes.
DFW48: The Human Centipedes
QBs: Rothlesberger, Winston
RBs: Leveon, David Johnson, Lacy, Rawls
WRs: ARob, Dez, Alshon, Landry, Baldwin, Hurns, Boyd, Hogan
TEs: Eifert, Gates, Cameron.
DST: Seattle

Return to “Dynasty Warehouse Discussion”