Controversial League Trade

General Dynasty Discussion
NWABCS
Mascot

Controversial League Trade

Postby NWABCS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 am

I'm the commish and Saturday night, a few people were unhappy when a trade went through.

Team 1 is 0-5 and pretty much not going to make the playoffs.
Team 2 is 3-2 and on the line between playoffs and not.

Team 1 gave up: WR Martavis Bryant, WR Golden Tate, QB Tom Brady
Team 2 gave up: RB Isiah Crowell, WR Jaron Brown, WR Zay Jones, WR Tyrell Williams, QB Eli Manning, 2018 2nd rd pick

Thoughts? Discussion? Go.... :whistle:
Last edited by NWABCS on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
QB: Carr, Prescott, Hogan, Lynch
RB: David Johnson, L. Bell, Fournette, Henry, Montgomery, DeAndre Washington, Charles
WR/TE: A. Brown, M. Evans, Watkins, Hilton, Shepard, Fuller, Clay

dgulaitis
Pro Bowler

Re: Controversial League Trade

Postby dgulaitis » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 am

I don’t see this as horrible as Brady has a year left tops.
QB: Wentz, Goff, Luck
RB: LeVeon, Zeke, Howard, Kamara, Crowell, Drake, Kelley(IR), Sims, Cohen
WR; OBJ, Evans, Hopkins, Diggs, Watkins, White(IR)
TE: Engram, Doyle, Olsen

Taxi: Clement, Ekeler, Samuel, Hollins

2018: 1.01 1.03* 2.01 2.05*

the_captain
Writer

Postby the_captain » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 am

Anyone calling this collusion is just being absurd. Here's my comments on each player:

Martavis Bryant: I want no part of this tool. I maintain my stance that sooner than later (sometime this season), he will get hit with the indefinite ban. On top of that, his production is in the crapper and he's being a selfish idiot asking for a trade.
Golden Tate: Underrated WR that produces decent numbers every season. Week to week production sees some volatility. Overall should be viewed as a low end WR2/high end WR3.
Tom Brady: As steady as they come and the main asset the other team is getting that's useful every week. I assume this is the key piece they were looking to add.

Isaiah Crowell: Under-performing (just like Bryant and I'd consider a trade between the two a wash)
Jaron Brown/Zay Jones/Tyrell Williams: I'm grouping the 3 together because in my opinion this is the key to the deal. The team giving up Brady is getting 3 young, talented assets at WR. I'd rather own any one of the 3 instead of Bryant.
Eli Manning: Good lineage? Ummm...younger than Brady. Plays like Bortles. That's all I've got.

Overall, team 1 is thinking future with those WRs and the draft pick. I have little issue with this trade even if they gave slightly more current value in Tate&Brady.

bobber56
Madden Cover

Postby bobber56 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 am

I agree. I don't see the issue with the deal at all...
Hate Bryant for the reasons cap stated. Brady has already shown some signs of decline, and will play this year and next. And Tate, while good is inconsistent week to week.
Crowell and 3 young WR is decent...
Chalupa Batman - DFW48 Roster
Roethlisberger, Ryan
Zeke, Ajayi, Powell, Henry
Dez, Cooper, Alshon, Cobb, Thielen
Reed, Olsen, Rudolph, Howard

NWABCS
Mascot

Postby NWABCS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:15 am

I had no issue with the trade personally. I received mixed responses on this from "no big deal" to "collusion, veto it!!!" even though there are no vetoes in the league.
QB: Carr, Prescott, Hogan, Lynch
RB: David Johnson, L. Bell, Fournette, Henry, Montgomery, DeAndre Washington, Charles
WR/TE: A. Brown, M. Evans, Watkins, Hilton, Shepard, Fuller, Clay

thedream9
Hall of Fame

Postby thedream9 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:51 am

Complaints like this happen all the time. This time of year everyone gets caught up in championships (obviously).
They always look lopsided when someone is “cashing it in” for this year and loading up on youth and picks” while someone else is going for the title and getting a guy like Brady.
Nothing wrong with the trade at all.
10-team .5 PPR
Ben, Carr, Stafford
Gurley, Fournette, Mixon, Hill, Henry, Crowell, Lynch, AP
AJG, Watkins, DT, Jordy, Adams, moncrief, Doctson, Floyd, Dorsett, Carroo, JJ Nelson
NJoku, Cook

Ice

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:31 am

I can't even tell who got the best deal but long term Team 1 looks like a slight winner. Crowell and Zay Jones are upside plays.

Agree with Captain on Bryant.

Tate is way too inconsistent for my tastes. He has had 4 100 plus yards game in his last 22 starts and 1/2 his games this year are under 10 points. On a side note Tate injured his shoulder yesterday.

While Brady is the best player in the deal he is getting up there. I couldn't even label this trade a soft tank because it is close.

Complaining about this trade is pretty ridiculous IMO. This is one of those deals that owners cry foul over total points either though some of those players will help win a game one week and then lose a game the next.

FLIP1184
Cheerleader

Postby FLIP1184 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:05 pm

if you're questioning a trade like this, you shouldn't be in a dynasty league.

Return to “Dynasty Warehouse Discussion”