Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

General Dynasty Discussion
User avatar
Shamrock
Admin
Posts: 2068
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Forum Etiquette - Please Read

Postby Shamrock » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:21 pm

It may be because we managed to get Websense (the traffic filter for most companies) to categorize our site as "Sports". In general any fantasy football website is categorized under "Games". How offensive that they consider fantasy football a mere "game" right?

I think it helped that we don't use fantasy in our name. Don't think their screening policy is too stringent. Hope they don't read the forums! ;)
Check out our dynasty startup ADP and rookie draft ADP as we build it and join in on the mock drafting fun!

Owner/Senior Writer at DynastyFootballWarehouse.com
Follow me on Twitter @Jeff_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook and Google+

User avatar
Bert and Ernie
Moderator
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Re: Forum Etiquette - Please Read

Postby Bert and Ernie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Shamrock wrote:It may be because we managed to get Websense (the traffic filter for most companies) to categorize our site as "Sports". In general any fantasy football website is categorized under "Games". How offensive that they consider fantasy football a mere "game" right?

I think it helped that we don't use fantasy in our name. Don't think their screening policy is too stringent. Hope they don't read the forums! ;)


Its funny, I was once at a school that blocked ESPN.com of all things :shock: and the school apparently labeled it as "pornography", so here I am, simply checking ESPN and the PORN POLICE is on me :lol: :lol: No, I'm not going back to that school again :D

nuthusker
Cheerleader
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Forum Etiquette - Please Read

Postby nuthusker » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:35 pm

So funny. i work for "pay" in resturants, but I actually have a dear friend that happens to be a AD in a small school (was the guy fresh out of college working for peanuts that made my smelly 6th grade butt have to go shower.....) and I now work for free, doing what is ostensibly their OC work. Its a crazy and super fun world pairing up what a child actually CAN run in the 40 vs whatever schemes from the late 90s spurrier (which i prefer over the new iteration of kelly, though i love what Oregon does) can get out of people. So when i hear the word "tape" as i do ALLLLLLL the time on all fantasy sites, it usually means what they find on youtube, but iso film is a whole other thing. it really is. like most people, wheni watch youtube, i do get my opinions, but you have no idea what the oc meant or what was supposed to happen overall. anyway, i really like this site and appreciate, for the most part, where their opinions lie. however, as ive mentioned in a couple of rookie mocks now, i seem to have no eyeball opinion or even youtube research (some call it "tape" as if it were) of kerwynn williams and vance macdonald. SO I guess anyone wanting to barage me on their greatness, Id be all for it :)
Stafford, Cutler
Martin, Mcfadden, Mendenhall, Stewart, Wells, Williams, Benson, Green
Marshall, Harvin, T. Smith, Williams TB, Brown,
Celek, Pettigrew, F. Davis, Housler
Foles, Mallett, Ponder
Richardson, Turbin, Miller, Powell
Jeffery

User avatar
transient_orca
Writer
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:22 am

Re: Forum Etiquette - Please Read

Postby transient_orca » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 pm

I have a google document with some "tape" on those guys, if you want it, pm your email and I'll give you access.
Twitter: @transient_orca

Doug Flutie could do it.

User avatar
CoachJankySpanky
Moderator
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 am

Re: Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Fri May 03, 2013 2:32 pm

This may not be the right spot to say this, but I'll say it here anyway.

I have to say this site is second to none on so many levels. The content is great and the community here is the best community I've ever been a part of anywhere on the internet. Everyone is so respectful and we are able to share our opinions without any fear of attack or retaliation. It's a place where I've learned that people can indeed respectfully disagree on the internet. What a concept! Someone can come to the forum with a question or a viewpoint and everyone simply states their opinion on the topic, plain and simple. The OP can then gather the info from all of the opinions and make an informed decision based on the info and not have to sift through a bunch of arguing, strife and such. Our opinions are all treated as valid, even though they might differ, and the OP can efficiently receive what he came here for. That's the way it should be.

Thanks to the owners, writers, staff, mods, and everyone else who frequents this site to make it the best community I've ever encountered on the internet, and I'm not just talking about sports or football, I'm talking about every forum I've ever encountered. We all make this a great place to come and let's continue to keep up the good work!

User avatar
Burgandy
Admin
Posts: 7653
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Re: Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

Postby Burgandy » Fri May 03, 2013 3:42 pm

CoachJankySpanky wrote:This may not be the right spot to say this, but I'll say it here anyway.

I have to say this site is second to none on so many levels. The content is great and the community here is the best community I've ever been a part of anywhere on the internet. Everyone is so respectful and we are able to share our opinions without any fear of attack or retaliation. It's a place where I've learned that people can indeed respectfully disagree on the internet. What a concept! Someone can come to the forum with a question or a viewpoint and everyone simply states their opinion on the topic, plain and simple. The OP can then gather the info from all of the opinions and make an informed decision based on the info and not have to sift through a bunch of arguing, strife and such. Our opinions are all treated as valid, even though they might differ, and the OP can efficiently receive what he came here for. That's the way it should be.

Thanks to the owners, writers, staff, mods, and everyone else who frequents this site to make it the best community I've ever encountered on the internet, and I'm not just talking about sports or football, I'm talking about every forum I've ever encountered. We all make this a great place to come and let's continue to keep up the good work!


DUDE! your going to get me teared up. That was an insanely nice thing to say. We truly do try and the most important part going forward is that EVERYONE here helps protect that respectfulness all while being respectful. While we do have moderators, each one of us is a moderator as well. As we continue to grow it will become more challenging to maintain this, so it will take everyone's effort to get it done. If you guys ever do see a potential issue, just please let us know so that we can handle it the "DFW way" and hopefully help with the understanding that we are a respectful community around here.

Thanks Coach, that ones going on the testimonial page :)
Owner/ Senior Writer at- http://www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com
Follow my on twitter at @Dan_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook

User avatar
CoachJankySpanky
Moderator
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 am

Re: Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

Postby CoachJankySpanky » Fri May 03, 2013 4:39 pm

I will say that there probably is a nicer site out there where a bunch of old ladies from various churches around the country trade recipes and share miraculous last-second bingo comebacks when their cards were looking pretty bleak 20 numbers in, but that's probably about it. My best guess is that there is a lot of lying going on at those sites as well. Mamie's rhubarb pie recipe could suck out loud, yet all of these ladies will lie to her and tell her how delicious it was. Her pie might even be pretty good, but their competitive juices* will not allow them to admit it. Then, they will proceed to gossip to each other through private messages, telling each other how they really feel. Once one of those senile and half-blind old women happen to accidently PM Mamie about how they really feel about the pie is when the whole community erupts into chaos. I feel pretty good about that not happening around here.

*In my extensive research, I haven't yet proven whether elderly women indeed contain competitive juices. As a matter of fact, I haven't proven whether they contain any juices at all. I thought I'd make that point abundantly clear before I am confronted by any forum members with any scientific evidence to the contrary.

Hey Burgs, feel free to add this one to the testimonial page as well. :D

User avatar
Shamrock
Admin
Posts: 2068
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Re: Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

Postby Shamrock » Fri May 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Much appreciated Janky. Comments like yours prove what we're trying to do here is working. Glad you enjoy the site and it's members like you that make it what it is. You can give the owners/writers/etc props but it's the members that make this site. Props to you my man.
Check out our dynasty startup ADP and rookie draft ADP as we build it and join in on the mock drafting fun!

Owner/Senior Writer at DynastyFootballWarehouse.com
Follow me on Twitter @Jeff_DFW
Check out DFW on Facebook and Google+

User avatar
Jaysports
Admin
Posts: 7864
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

Postby Jaysports » Fri May 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Shamrock wrote:Much appreciated Janky. Comments like yours prove what we're trying to do here is working. Glad you enjoy the site and it's members like you that make it what it is. You can give the owners/writers/etc props but it's the members that make this site. Props to you my man.

Thanks Janky, I want to echo the sentiments from Burgs and Shamwow. Our number one goal here is for everyone to feel like this is their FF home where we are all family and respectful of one another while still having varying opinions on such divided topics. Your comments mean a lot along with everyone else that stops in here to participate. Thanks again Janky, thanks to the Warehouse peeps as well, you guys rock!
Just one of the Guys

DFW48 - Starters

Palmer (Dalton)
AP, Freeman (Zeke)
Julio, A.Brown, Hopkins, K.Allen (Janis)
Reed (Fleener)

Founder / CEO
Twitter @Jaysports_DFW
Follow DFW on Facebook
You can friend me on Facebook
www.dynastyfootballwarehouse.com

User avatar
Bert and Ernie
Moderator
Posts: 2033
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Re: Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

Postby Bert and Ernie » Sat May 04, 2013 2:44 pm

CoachJankySpanky wrote:I will say that there probably is a nicer site out there where a bunch of old ladies from various churches around the country trade recipes and share miraculous last-second bingo comebacks when their cards were looking pretty bleak 20 numbers in, but that's probably about it. My best guess is that there is a lot of lying going on at those sites as well. Mamie's rhubarb pie recipe could suck out loud, yet all of these ladies will lie to her and tell her how delicious it was. Her pie might even be pretty good, but their competitive juices* will not allow them to admit it. Then, they will proceed to gossip to each other through private messages, telling each other how they really feel. Once one of those senile and half-blind old women happen to accidently PM Mamie about how they really feel about the pie is when the whole community erupts into chaos. I feel pretty good about that not happening around here.

*In my extensive research, I haven't yet proven whether elderly women indeed contain competitive juices. As a matter of fact, I haven't proven whether they contain any juices at all. I thought I'd make that point abundantly clear before I am confronted by any forum members with any scientific evidence to the contrary.

Hey Burgs, feel free to add this one to the testimonial page as well. :D


This is great to see! :D You should share your bio on the bio page as well, so we can meet the real "Coach Janky Spanky" :D

User avatar
Shackleford
All-American
Posts: 438
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:57 am

Re: Forum Etiquette - Please Read

Postby Shackleford » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:22 am

Wood Chipper wrote:I like that I can access this forum and website at work :)
Too many football sites are blocked.


Agreed! However work has taken a huge hit because of this. Oh well, that's why the military doesn't pay by the hour I guess.
Twitter @IDPAnderson

DFW 36
Omnipotent Futures Dynasty Devy League
World War Football

User avatar
psychocat
Mascot
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:10 pm
Location: Worthington OH
Contact:

Re: Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

Postby psychocat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Since I'm a newbie here, I'm gonna ask what may be a seemingly stupid question: is there a way to get from the home page to where you update your profile? If there is, I'm missing it. :?
DFW36 Psychocat's Big Pussies
Big Ben, Cutler
Yeldon, Sankey
Matthews, Wheaton
Gilmore
1-1; 3-2s;3-3s; 2-4s, 1-5s

DFW48 Aiming To Win!
Big Ben, Kaep
Yeldon,JStew
J Jones, Baldwin
V Davis
1-1s; 1-2s; 4-3s; 5-4s

User avatar
Dobby
Moderator
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

Postby Dobby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:29 pm

no such thing as stupid question :)

click on your forum name and then in the middle you´ll see this:

Username: Dobby [ Edit profile ]
DFWIDP36 - Wichita´s Hall of Fame Squad
QB: Wilson,Teddy
RB : Gurley,Bell,Hill,Langford,McKinnon,Cobb
WR: Green,Dez,Julio,Matthews,Parker,TWill,Crabtree
TE: Jimmy
DL: Campbell,M.Johnson
LB: David,Laurinaitis,Davis,Lee
DB: Coleman,Mitchell

User avatar
psychocat
Mascot
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:10 pm
Location: Worthington OH
Contact:

Re: Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

Postby psychocat » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Dobby wrote:no such thing as stupid question :)

click on your forum name and then in the middle you´ll see this:

Username: Dobby [ Edit profile ]


Thanks, appreciate it,
A journalism prof I had once told me that. My life experiences have since proved him wrong. Repeatedly. :lol:
DFW36 Psychocat's Big Pussies
Big Ben, Cutler
Yeldon, Sankey
Matthews, Wheaton
Gilmore
1-1; 3-2s;3-3s; 2-4s, 1-5s

DFW48 Aiming To Win!
Big Ben, Kaep
Yeldon,JStew
J Jones, Baldwin
V Davis
1-1s; 1-2s; 4-3s; 5-4s

User avatar
Dobby
Moderator
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Re: Forum Etiquette & Site Feature Tips - Please Read

Postby Dobby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:25 pm

psychocat wrote:
Dobby wrote:no such thing as stupid question :)

click on your forum name and then in the middle you´ll see this:

Username: Dobby [ Edit profile ]


Thanks, appreciate it,
A journalism prof I had once told me that. My life experiences have since proved him wrong. Repeatedly. :lol:


Beastmode definately agrees :D
DFWIDP36 - Wichita´s Hall of Fame Squad
QB: Wilson,Teddy
RB : Gurley,Bell,Hill,Langford,McKinnon,Cobb
WR: Green,Dez,Julio,Matthews,Parker,TWill,Crabtree
TE: Jimmy
DL: Campbell,M.Johnson
LB: David,Laurinaitis,Davis,Lee
DB: Coleman,Mitchell


Return to “Dynasty Warehouse Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Sponsors
  • Buy a trophy for your league at ParadiseAwards.com


cron